14 Jun 2010

G.L.D.

Yes - I'm still waiting for my camera cable.

Edinburgh was amazing, beautiful, lively. I thought about moving back...

It was great to see Jill - I hope I didn't rant too much after a few Crabbie's ginger beers - and inspiring to see Zoe with her wee boy Logan, a new addition since I saw her last, with possibly the most heart-melting baby smile I ever did see.

Yesterday was hands down, the best London day I've had in many visits since the halcyon days of living here. I filled up on banana and date porridge, legged it down to Liverpool St (dear London Tube People - it shouldn't take 45 minutes to get from King's Cross to Liverpool on a Sunday) to meet Louise and Josca. They are old flatmates from Auckland, who deserve lashings of praise for all the support and feeding when I needed it most last year, and just for being generally friendly, quirky, creative, humble humans.

We wove through a very hectic summery Brick Lane and Spitalfields Markets, maneuvering passed scenesters, tourists and coconut vendors and eating a very memorable lunch. Yum. Afterwards I tubed to Waterloo, sat by the Thames, met Steve and travelled south to Clapham, home of antipodeans, for the Australia vs Germany football match. It was, as predicted, embarrassing. But there was a good barbecue and good company involved. (Plus, new addiction: mixed berry cider.)

I slept in, and had an hour long Skype call to one of my nearest and dearest, wee Kim, this morning.

5 days until Glastonbury...

Big love to all reading this xoxoxo

No comments: