23 Sept 2009

the finer things

pottering about in London central with Steve :) Soaking up some of my other favourite things (aside from bikes and gardening) - food and art!


fancy cafe = fancy sugar



yum! cheers for the breakfast shout hermano!



famous borough markets, still beautiful when empty



just another beautiful pub...



steve apparently basking in debtor prison pub's lighting with his fruli (strawberry beer)



tate modern - they weren't an installation, just cute

*

The last day and a bit have been super lazy - I have a nasty throat infection and it's very grey outside... so I've been playing housewife, watering the garden, washing up and cooking for my lovely hosts. I started feeling unwell after Hong Kong, where everyone was getting about in masks, and I worried that if I mentioned it to staff as they said we should that they would quarantine me!

Starting to suffer from cabin fever now so I will dress up nice tomorrow and explore some old haunts; Hackney, Stoke Newington, Shoreditch etc.

Another really strange 'coincidence' - in my first few hours in London, Caro showed me a bbc clip of two middleaged gay gentlemen and their little daughter having their grocery-shopping habits made over by an expert, who showed them a great cheat's way of making fancy bread. I kept thinking the guy looked familiar... it was Jonathan. They were my ex's uncles and niece. What are the chances..?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My God that is weird. Sometimes I think the big computer slips up and things happen that are truly co-incidental. God I am so pleased and of course green as grass. I love London.